PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Jet to stream movies to you
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2015, 09:47
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes agreed. Monarch and Southwest have streaming solutions. They're both installing new seats. Neither have power available. The new U2 cabin doesn't, and I don't think the new FR cabin does either. The new BA shorthair and Lufthansa NEK doesnt either. But none of these four have streaming at this time.

If you're going to install something at least do it properly. Especially if you're going to charge to access the streaming services. iPads will only last ten hours tops, probably less when streaming, so power is a must. Even a USB port will work.

In years to come I really think people will choose flights based on connectivity. I won't entertain ANY hotel that doesn't offer free wifi in rooms and public areas no matter how cheap it is. As LCCs enhance their product, and legacies downgrade theirs, when faced with a similar priced ticket, having good connectivity could be a deal breaker for some, particularly the younger set. Or maybe not everyone is addicted to being glued to a device as I am.