PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Many Not Going to Fit ADS-B
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2015, 07:32
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
LeadSled, to be clear, incase that comment about a "Turkey" was aimed at me, I do not think that all Aircraft including VFR should have ADS-B In or Out Mandated, my point was merely that to get the benefits they are claiming this would be the only way. Anything less is, as you've said, just "Flummery" in the end.

And agree entirely, I made this point about the requirement for an ATPL Flight test and put the challenge to others to bring up any particular incident or potential incident that could have been avoided by the new requirements.

This is the biggest problem with EVERYTHING that CASA are currently doing, none of it is to actually improve upon any actual threat to safety, it is to justify their jobs and be seen to be doing something rather than actually doing something whilst achieving their aim of removing GA and thusly simplifying their jobs. It might not even be the current mob who are truly to blame, it has been those there for a while driving it all but no one seems willing to stand up and admit it.