PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B727 Operators and units on service
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2015, 05:04
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Sure Why You're Asking...

I have no clue about why you are asking and my comment may not be relevant... here goes... Are you seeking a driver's job?

If the (small) fleet that you may be flying is well maintained and in great condition, I'd have zero concerns about the hardware. That said, how do you really know? You could ask to see the fleet's Mx log books during your application process, but that alone might wash you out. What do you know about the carrier itself. (And yes, log books can be faked!) With some homework, look at the carrier's financial reports over several years. Good, bad or ugly? Are you offered any opportunity to meet existing line crew? If so, listen to them.
A well maintained 727-200 does not trouble me in the slightest. A lot of African and SEA carriers do. Please be careful. If the operation does not have a good 'odor,' by your own standards, saying 'thank you,' and walking away may be a very smart move.
Have you considered an upgrade? If your ticket still has a few years remaining, perhaps a new TR is for you...

Last edited by No Fly Zone; 23rd Oct 2015 at 05:10. Reason: Minor Change