PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Limited company Newbie FR FO
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2015, 03:27
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are STILL At It?

OMG! If I did not already know this to be true, I'd ask why. I guess I still ask why. Ryan (and EJ?) make their own, in-house choices about who to hire, yet once selected, they still force you into one of several agencies to process your compensation? Am I missing something? Both are now Grown Up carriers, yet still do not directly employ their own pilots? Why on earth do you guys (and gals) put up with this crap. (Sadly, I know the answer: you simply need and want to work within your chosen profession and, at least with the larger ULCCs you do not have much choice.) My heart goes out to you folks. IMO it is a horrible way to have to earn a living, especially with the wide variety of income tax regulations in the EU. And of course, the minute you become adjusted to the tax situation one one country, you are apparently subject to involuntary transfer to a different domicile. Do the major EU ULCCs really save any significant monies by using this method? I doubt it. If they achieve any real benefit, it appears to be only the ability to dismiss or furlough pilots at will and without repercussions. Since I'm now fully retired and never had the (dis)pleasure of working in the EU, I guess this is not really my axe to grind. That said, I truly do not understand why you put up with such horrible terms. I also understand that organizing pilots into a large collective action has a lot in common with herding cats, if ~~90% simply took a few weeks off, those corporate grubbers might get the message. I feel for you, all of you!