PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - useless Balpa
Thread: useless Balpa
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 23:20
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that The Log is a waste of space. But that's not why I joined. I wanted representation in my company and I wanted a voice. The price of that voice - training for your CC members, legal advice & opinion, ballot support, negotiator etc, is a measly one percent and 2/3rd of that is allowable against tax. Yes you can get cheaper, but not better value for money. But what is amazing is that when things get "interesting" is how many non-members ask what's happening. Bloody cheek. They can do their own negotiating.

While it's not true for every company, I believe my own CC have negotiated the best terms that has been possible over the last fifteen years or so. I'll also be well and truly in profit for the rest of my life for the deals that have won and for the first time in many years we have some certainty with regards to our future.

Lastly, what I would really good to hear what the really hard, tough guys like Superpilot and CGW would do to change the world. However, I suspect they are more shouty passengers types than the pilots or leaders. And if they are not members, who cares? The only voice they get is here on pprune and whilst it's good for a laugh, it won't contribute to their pension.

PM