PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 questions coming up
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 21:52
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. I am not aware of any specific flight crew procedure for this. At times, when performance of the ground pneumatic source was "marginal" (FCOM words) I got away with MAN ENG start and shedding the loads. More often than not they did not have second ASU anyhow.

2. Interphone to engine nacelle's audio socket which is connected to CABIN INT circuit.

3. To close off the bleed completely.

4. Your sequence is correct, Airbus recommends to minimize use of APU bleed with engines running to prevent ingestion of exhaust gases into airconditioning system. The only reason I heard for selecting it soon was "because you may forget to put it on". go figure.

5. AP = OFF -> FMGC 1; AP = ON -> onside FMGC. Standard Q for Airbus theoretical knowledge course.

6. Bangalore incident, after that the OPS procedure had been standardized to hande both FDs simultaneously. No such AFM limitation or technical reason. Personally I would not force handling both FDs "at once" for resets, especially where FCOM / QRH state the opposite.

7. Those people think that Vapp calculated by FMGS is wrong and FAC-driven Vls as displayed on the speedtape is correct. Sometimes that is true, sometimes not. I never corrected and whenever the landing was bad, believe me it was not because of 2 knots difference on the speedtape. Anyhow, GS mini has nothing to do with this. Your best reference would be the FCOM bulletin (at the end of the book).

regards,
FD.