PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Presidential Helicopter Cabins Made in INDIA ?????
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 15:40
Lonewolf_50

Received 441 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by Stinger10
LONE - You Miss the point AGAIN.
Nope. I know how this stuff really works.
ONCE AGAIN. HYPOCRACY is ASTOUNDING and as a tax payer, I am offended.
Nice, your seat on the outrage bus is three rows back from the driver.

I see no reason for McCain to scream, since the "Made in India" was known about five years ago, before S-92 was awarded after the President called in the markers on the 101 ... which was very much a political move on his part to look good. When the second award happened, where the metal structures of the cabin is made apparently didn't matter all that much, did it? (Maybe that isn't the critical technology base that needs protecting under the Buy America requirement ... do you GET IT now? )

As to how annoying it is to me that it isn't made here, albeit at higher cost, that battle was lost 15-20 years ago. It is easily argued that this strategic decision by Sikorsky and UTC cost some people I know who worked for SAC job slots. The Teamsters weren't happy. Hell, UTC didn't seem to be happy with how quickly Mr Buckley was necking down the oversized labor force ... so UTC brought in a fella from Mesa ... so really, nobody was happy. It's frowns all around.

There isn't enough time to explain global markets to you: suffice to say that if you think that "pristine" is the only way anything ever gets done, take two shots of bourbon with your coffee each morning to dull the psychic pain.

Warmest Regards
Lonewolf_50
Somewhere in the Real World