PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 15:15
songlee435

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some serious advice

I have recently met a friend (From HK) who has barely completed his ATPL in US this month. He had an interview with CX some years ago and I didn't ask the reason why he couldn't get in afterwards. However he suggested me to complete a CPL before applying to CX. So I need some sincere feedback from those that have more experience than me.

I have a first class medical expiring next year, no license at hand at the moment, but only 10-15 hours more of training before getting my PPL. I am hoping to get a Instrument rating and perhaps multi engine as well. Both time and money are constraints in my situations, however, in your perspectives, would a PPL+IR+ME would be good enough for me to get into the Cadet Program? Or maybe PPL+IR only would be enough for me to try getting in ? Though CX requires no experience for CPP, given my limited resources and the only 1 shot chance, I know lots of other people will work hard to make it through the CPP? If i get a CPL, then of course my ground of competition will be in with all other applications in the AE program, will that significantly lower my chances of enrollment?

Humbly grateful for your time to read this thread and your valuable insights.