PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you're considering EK take the time for a read:
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 14:04
aussiefarmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex-brazilian,

It is fair to say that the big majority of pilots are owed leave. Some 5 days, some several weeks, some even more than 1 month that have been accumulated... this is what people I fly with tell me.

I currently do not know anyone who has got his 42 days contractual leave awarded this year. There might be someone but I just don't know that person.

Whether you get 7 or multiples... I never heard of that. You can bid I think a minimum of 5. However the company usually "assigns" or "forces" leave on people which sometimes is as short as 4 days and it is just inserted in your roster without you having any say on it (even if you requested a million different combinations of leave before that were all rejected).

If your plan is to go to Brazil (I'm assuming you're from there) I can tell you you might be able to join 2 or max 3 periods of leave to go there per year. As things stand today. Hope it was useful.

Regarding days off, it is unlikely that you will get more than 5 in a row. Usually you will get 3-5 in a row once a month depending on your fleet. And no, you can't bid for 5 at the end and 5 at the beginning. I mean you can, but 100% you will not get it.