PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sterile airside areas at airports
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 12:02
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deptrai
A common, but lazy and poorly thought out statement.

in my humble opinion, Israel has the best airport security in the world. They're not obsessed with catching yoghurts, instead they use highly trained professionals (interrogators) to interview people. Looking for behavioral cues, not "items". The only problem is, it's expensive. You actually need to train people and pay a decent salary.

So liquids have to be screened

that's the reactive approach to pseudo-security, searching for the same means the last lunatic used. Someone tried to use liquids...so search for liquids. Someone hid something in his shoes, so now we need to screen shoes. Unfortunately, the next lunatic will be more ingenious, and come up with something new.
I see your logic and ask, are you really saying that because it has already been done, they shouldn't check for it again? Sure it might be reactionary but not without merit.

As regards the 'interrogation' that you mention in Israeli security. You could also argue that there is no merit to anything to do with screening in such an overt manner because the 'lunatics' are actually highly prepared for such.

I would imagine there is plenty going on behind the scenes that you might not consider.

Perhaps your reaction to your event should have been that you left a bag unattended and it was dealt with within seconds. Is that not an example of good operation?