PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206L-1 Long Ranger SN 45274
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 11:45
helihub

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
semisub - I think you will find that H+S had the engine contract with the Yugoslav Police at that time, if that helps.

Remember too the history of Yugoslavia. When I was involved in driving humanitarian aid trucks out that way in 1994/5, any helicopters without guns had long since been grounded, and were on the ground for enough years that they would have needed a good deal of work to fly again. There were more important things to do than fly languishing police helicopters round the block to keep them current. Seems like it was based at Smederevo (just east of Belgrade) if that's relevant. I agree with Ainippe that low hours for YU police helicopters was not unusual at all.

The aircraft was sold from Serbia to France in March 2007. A year later, it was sold from France to Ukraine.

E&OE. You need to prove to yourself from documentary evidence what you are trying to find. Get a proper survey done. I hope my observations assist, but I certainly agree with Ferrit - if you have any doubts on the documentation, walk away. Plenty of other people around to sell you a properly documented LongRanger. Caveat Emptor