PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2015, 20:10
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
Saw this on Comdt Air Cadet's Facebook page dated 10 Oct 15:

I had a catch up call with the AOC and he is focussed on mtgs associated with the glider recovery programme, which is at a critical stage. As soon as we know what option has been agreed, we will ensure that information is cascaded to everyone who needs to know but, due to commercial and contractual sensitivities, I regret I cannot tell you what option are under consideration. Rest assured, the boss and his senior colleagues are doing all they can. I know many of you are fed up of waiting for the recovery but there are massive constraints at play and all I can ask is that you continue to be patient and, in the interim, make the most of all the other opportunities that the ACO has to offer.
Thank you Ma'am. Why can't your 2FTS flow out a similar message? We understand the commercial sensitivity surrounding the decision process but strong messages such as yours help us, in and out of your organisation, to understand what is going on.

Truly sad to hear on here that there is no information flow seemingly now planned in the upcoming weekends on the future of Air Cadet gliding.

LJ