PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2015, 18:19
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Bad News Day

I suspected it would be even worse than expected when looking at the latest issue of Air Cadet. It covers a whole host of activities and exciting 'events' but no mention of ATC Gliding at all.
I doubt if the CAS has had a full independent appraisal of the situation from anyone at the coal face or indeed anyone who knows how the system really works (or could work).
The guys at the Squadrons have been totally professional in not taking this situation outside of the Corps,and indeed have been subject to 'pressure' from above to keep the lid on.
Well we are past that now:a recovery can only occur if the patient is ALIVE, and the CAS has to be told in no uncertain terms that the patient is dying and needs life support NOW, not 'planning for recovery'. I am going to write direct to the CAS and copy the letter to Michael Fallon MP (Defence Minister and MP for Sevenoaks). There are lots of 'pruners' out there who can do this and help to get the Air element of the Corps in the air. If i lived in Sevenoaks i would go to one of the MP's surgeries and present the letter in person.
The volunteer Air component of the ATC/CCF has a proud history of delivering the goods and providing a fantastic chance for youth to develop themselves it must not be allowed to wither due to the inability of those who should be providing LEADERSHIP INSPIRATION and EXAMPLE.