PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2015, 14:32
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the money required from taxpayer funds?
£5bn? For upgraded M4, M25 (Which needs doing anyway) and a national hub airport benefiting the whole of the UK? Over £18bn total cost, mostly from foreign investment which will itself possibly generate tax equal to most of the initial £5bn?

Do it.

And what's more, should any project anywhere else provide the same benefit and have attracted the outside investment then build that too.

I am not against investment in the North the same way you're against further investment in the south but if I were paying for it and hoping for a good return then I know where I would be putting my money.

If the large scale infrastructure projects in the north can attract the investment and provide a similar business case to that of R3 then great. I would see no reason not to go ahead. Again, it's not me that has to be convinced. Hopefully the Chinese will go away from their visit with some good plans for further investment.

Re-read from Post 3662 for alternative interpretations of this
YOUR post by any chance? Sorry, but I will accept the findings of the government and those who are willing to put billions of £££ on the line over your own.

You have still not acknowledged the fact that much of the infrastructure included in the surface works needs investment anyway. Being where it is the M25/M4 in that area is a major asset that needs attention and investment should the runway go ahead or not.