PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2015, 09:52
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who says its the spotters want morning flights? I'm sure that's exactly the market research Hainan did. They went round the perimeter of MAN and asked the spotters what time they want the flights to arrive.

If we were to break it down into patronising groups, the spotters would probably prefer afternoon flights for better photgraphs and lie ins etc. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess not one of the spotters is relishing a 0605 scheduled arrival, but possibly 0535 and earlier possibility, but, there we go.

I think people are just happy there is a flight from Manchester-Beijing full stop. As said, I'm sure Hainan have done their homework, so, will just wait and see.

As said, Cathay seem to be filling the planes with such 'appalling' times, so, many people are evidently happy with the timings.

What's interesting is that the B787 and A350 were heralded as the long and thin route saviours, but, it's the tried and tested A330/B777 that are opening the long routes. A330 on Los Angeles and Beijing, B777 on Hong Kong. In terms of Manchester, only one route has been opened with the B787 in mind, and that was Puerta Vallerta. The rest of our long haul has come from the regular means.