PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2015, 09:50
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly for us, in the main, professionals run the industry so it's got no chance
Most airlines don't make it past the six month mark of existence.
A lot of airlines are deluged by political interference (amateurs). See Malaysia and er Air China (!) However privately owned Hainan may actually be, this was still the same group that flew Gatwick-Hong Kong in summer 2012 on an all business class A332 that lasted one season. No gold mine there despite what all the planning suggested. (or it was ignored)
Now MAN-PEK is a market that should do well, quite how keen people will be to connect with flybe on a second hand Dash 8 is something I am going to have to be persuaded on however.

The optimal timing is actually a late afternoon arrival and an evening departure, this feels geared to leisure, and perhaps that may work well in this market. I don't see too many high spenders moving from existing alliance options or shiny ME3 connections as things stand. However they're going to drive a lot of new traffic which is going to be a good thing IMHO.

Was hoping for Air China as they at least have alliance connectvity and points gathering potential for frequent fliers. The timing is also not geared for business travellers so far as I can see, however the proof of the pudding will be coming soon and it'll be great to see them at MAN.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 21st Oct 2015 at 10:12.