PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2015, 08:23
mach85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plastic,

Seriously. Get off your high horse and stop telling people who can and cant post on a public forum. I dont see you being a moderator.

The facts are that everything GF has posted is the absolute truth and no fiction so i dont see whats wrong with saying it how it is so future applicants have an idea of what to expect before appoying for CSA.

Nobody is denying that for some life is very acceptable at CSA but most of those are on the 330 RSP'd from Oz. Thats really great that it works out as it does for you guys but the bottom line is that things are not so rosy on the other fleets.

Couple of extra points:

How much money you earn is really irrelevant to how much you have to spend on commuting IF those expense were not expected. I think you will find that many people would not have taken this job if the RSP was going to be FRA. Many guys live driveable to AMS but not driveable to FRA/CDG/STN. This job is hugely different when you are not reliant on a connecting flight to your home city on landing at your RSP. I wonder how you would feel if CSA suddenly told you that you have to position yourself all over Oz at your own expense on your days off. Easy for you to say now when its not happening to you but i expect your feelings would be slightly different if it ever did happen.

Regarding type rated applicants or 'pilots with experience' as you call them as clearly you are 'one of those' who thinks that flying a WB is more challenging than flying a NB..........yawn!!!!
Anyway the last 2 'pilots with experience' joining the Boeing fleet..........1st one took 5 months to eventually get signed off and the 2nd one joined in July and is still training with no end in immediate sight so also 5 months for him i guess. Maybe these 2 just dont have the 'skill' that you seem to think that you possess but knowing them both well i strongly doubt that.
Therefore you can see that things are not the same on all fleets so letting us 'tell it as it is' for future applicants is what i would want if i was on the outside looking in and trying to make my decision whether to join CSA or not.

Cheers,