PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2015, 19:26
ChrisD93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kermo and everyone else who was kind enough to reply,

I think at this stage the smart thing to do is hold on until the BA and VA schemes open, as I'm yet to have a shot at applying for them. It's just really tempting at this stage as I'm looking for engineering graduate jobs to go for the easyjet MPL alternative.

The fact that BA offer an ATPL alone (for almost free in the long term) is the major factor for me as I don't come from an affluent enough background to easily risk 109k for CTC training; and if it's for an MPL, is it really worth the risk? Especially with the flexitime contract and no guarantee that you will be given a permanent FO contract.

The one thing that is for certain though is that I want to be a pilot, and I'll never give up on that dream. As I've tried to pick the best/most relevant route possible for me so far to get there (studying Aeronautical engineering, some gliding experience); I was close to applying this time, but I think I'm jumping the gun a little bit by at least another year.

Thanks guys for your help and good luck to all those applying this year! I'm sure I'll be back on here for the FPP forum chat although I have no idea when that'll be; hopefully it's early next year