PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 20th Oct 2015, 19:23
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 426 Likes on 225 Posts
The experience gap is here to stay for quite some time, it seems. The onshore corporate world is a highly demanding role. Quite often these days, it seems no sooner has a pilot obtained his twin rating, he is in the job as single pilot corporate captain, often coming under a lot of commercial pressure, with little guidance from more experienced colleagues, as used to be the case.

Unfortunately, Jellycopter, legislation sometimes has to take account of the lowest common denominator. I probably feel just as strongly as you about not clipping everyone's wings for the sake of a few (and as you know, I've been around the bazaars for a while) but tbh, I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the terrible damage these unnecessary and preventable accidents have had on the way our business is regarded by Joe Public. Giving pilots a more simply understood set of weather limits will make it easier for the inexperienced to stand up to undue pressure to launch against their better judgement, as it seems occurred in this case.