PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2015, 19:03
Kermo Kermit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I agree with ManUtd1999, it is true that the easyJet MPL is a better route into the industry that self-sponsoring through CTC but in comparison to the Virgin Atlantic / BA FPP there is no contest. I would apply at least twice to both schemes before thinking about easyJet and their MPL. If you are going to apply then CTC is 10 times better than OAA, there are major tax advantages to the CTC scheme. There are several reasons behind why I think this:
  • The finance: In the long-term BA / Virgin/ AL will cost you nothing except living expenses. With easyJet its going to cost you 100k plus living expenses which if you have a loan is going to have to be returned with considerable interest.
  • It's no secret that easyJet are short of crew for their Portuguese bases so quite a few of the cadets will likely end up their, remember that this year CTC are not guarantying a British base. With BA / VA this will never happen, its Heathrow or Gatwick.
  • It's an MPL not ATPL. This is fine is you want to spend your entire career at easyJet but if you want to transfer to BA and others then this is going to be a dis-advantage because the ATPL training is widly considered to be a better quality of training. Remember that the BA FPP is an ATPL, they haven't changed to the MPL although VA is an MPL.

Also, any work experience beyond school /uni will help with the application process so having a year or two in industry is never a bad thing.

Just for the record I'm not trying to put people off but I think that having read this forum for a few years there is sometimes a lack of reality about how hard it is to pay back 100k, it's a lot of money. Anyway, hope this helps somebody.