PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 20th Oct 2015, 16:39
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handysnaks

I think that you have made a vitally important observation - perhaps without realising it. You could maybe expand on this theme.

I am talking about your acute awareness that there is a relationship between competence and the role the professional undertakes. How would it be, do you think if the regulations required that before you were permitted to work in a discrete market sector you were required to hold a license extension that included that sector.

This you would not be permitted to work in any of the following without an appropriate 'role related' rating: -

BASIC VFR Day
BASIC Night
IFR
SPIFR
MCC
Offshore - Day only Hostile environments
Offshore - Day only Non Hostile environments
Offshore - Day/Night Hostile environments
Offshore - Day/Night Non Hostile environments
HEMS - Day only
HEMS - Day/Night
FIRE
SLING
LAW ENFORCEMENT
SAR - Overwater
SAR - Overland
(any more????)

More bl**dy bureaucracy I hear you protest but if you make it the responsibility of the employer to ensure that appropriate role training is delivered in order to achieve the - let's call it a 'Role Rating - you have - at least in regulatory terms brought together the job with appropriate training.

G.

Last edited by Geoffersincornwall; 20th Oct 2015 at 16:40. Reason: adding to the list