PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2015, 16:02
Reely340

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
If it gets documented reliably that there is above-average numbers of training accidents in the Cabri
Well, enter "269" and "G2" at Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) or even better
Bundesstelle für Flugunfalluntersuchung - Homepage and regard
the number of incidents and especially the years they ocurred

It could be the general fenestron handling characteristics
I hate to repeat myself, but this could be easily be addressed by more direct translation of pedal to TR trust, even when this would mean quite some TR power at full pedal. I haven't heard of anyone complaining about too much a TR effect

combined with the allegedly Cabri-specific problem of certain regimes being difficult or not possible to recover from
Well, having a MR that is most efficient at 85% rpm in an ac where the TR gives only 85% thrust at 85% rpm certainly doesn't help yaw control in low rpm situations.
The aspect that I do find very scary is, that quite some of these yaw related accidents occurrend when a FI were aboard, training the student to control yaw! Safety leaflets won't address a problem adequately when even FIs deliberately demonstrating emergency procedures at their will (hence no surpirse failures as in real world) fail to conquer the beast.
The 60 years old fenestron newbie ******* up is okay to me, FIs on the other hand ought not struggle with the machine.

edit: one "nice" feature of the 300C is it hovers ugly with the rrpm below the green arc, let alone at 85%. It defnitely has a lot less thrust, hence you don't have any business there, pitch down throttle up is the only thing you can do (in that sequence, mind you!).

My ultimate small helicopter would be a JetA-powered Cabri with a Notar and offer at least the cabin space, rotor clearance and versatility of the S300.
Amazing that you mention rotor clearance. That, so he claimed, is the main reason why the owner of the FTO I've learned to fly at doesn't like the Cabri as future trainer.
Edit: Ok, that would be a 520N with Guimbal crashworthiness and remote central locking.
Check this out: K1 the ultra light helicopter | Konner Helicopters

Last edited by Reely340; 20th Oct 2015 at 16:22.