PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2015, 10:21
BLOGGSON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen the dark side and it is not pleasant. Just returned to the fold with the acquisition of a gleaming new three legged dome of awesomeness. I must have been under the influence of the heat of the Arabian sand pit when I bought a gas Weber a couple of years ago, and I have paid the price in self loathing and profound frustration at its irredeemable ****eyness.

Her indoors insisted on a coloured example so we have a lush green behemoth with the lid support thingy and the removable saucepan type catcher of ash at the bottom. Had a go at effects of control straight away and had to debrief myself for poor preparation. Must remember to allow charcoal to die back a bit before attempting to nuke sausages etc. Get longer tongs, and have cold beers at the ready, always.

Also bought a chimney starter device and gazed in wonder at the humungous jet of flame attempting to set light to the 20 foot high tree immediately above it.

I am a born again Weber aficionado and it feels good to be back. A salutary lesson to anyone thinking of dabbling with the satanic vile puny over complicated trash that is gas cooking.

Would appreciate the customary advice on lumpwood V briquettes. Now that winter is upon us and the killer humidity is on the wane, I'm ready to log as much stick time as possible.

PS. Would have posted a pic of the behemoth taking shape but I am refused permission to add attachments. Apparently.