PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 19th Oct 2015, 15:28
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point I am making is this, if FOs or Captains choose to live in their home lands and it costs more then that's up to them. Without doubt it's a trade between lifestyle and costs. Now not all FOs are single, some have family and the school costs etc in turkey negate the savings made in accommodation. I don't meet any new start FO obviously so I can't comment on their salary just the 3 or 4 year guys I have contact with. I agree the maths seem bizarre when you look at agency fees and moreover how long it takes to convert a new start to a productive worker. The influx of ex mil guys, doesn't help to support improvement in conditions and some changes are badly needed. I was told at a meeting of tm that EASA will be at least 2 years. The general thoughts are that THY pay more than anyone else in Turkey and that is as far af the ecosphere telescope can see . 6 months later I'm finished anyway but I think what where generally regarded as the good old days have gone with rent prices sky rocketing and rosters becoming too unstable .