PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major problems with FLYBE Q400s
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2003, 17:43
Flip Flop Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snodgrass

Not quite true I'm afraid. I've had the (dis)pleasure of paxing on SAS' Q400 a number of times, and every time the bus pulls up the aircraft, a large majority of the SLFs will collectively sigh. Especially the FQTV's sitting on the front rows.

It's nosier, vibrates more, is cramped and slower than a real (ie. 737 size) jet. And it's not as if the airlines are offering a discount on these types is it, even if I could be argued that the product is "inferior" compared to a "real" jet. But we all know that's not the way airline economics work.

By the way, SAS had to pull the Q400 off their most important domestic route in DK due to passenger uproar. That was some time ago, don't know what the deal is now.

You tell me mate: You're at the airport and there's two aircraft available to carry you to your destination. One is a Q400, the other is a 737. The price is the same, but the 737 will get there a bit earlier. Which one would you take?

I'm not a pilot, but I certainly prefer a jet over a prop job any day of the week ....