PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 19th Oct 2015, 10:41
twentyyearstoolate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, there is no "Bonus" anyway. It's a complete scam with words. All they do is withhold your salary and give it to you in 3 months and call it a Bonus. To me a Bonus is something you may get in addition to your salary as an extra, not something that is relied upon. Does anyone calculate their salary here without adding in the bonus?? I don't think so, or no one would ever join.

Kirks, you say the bonus may distort things, but we always get it. Well yeah we do, but not every month. A sensible calculation would be to take 3 months (without overtime) and divide by 3, as I think Furbpilot did. That is a meaningful number.

I don't share your thoughts either on "above industry standard". Without overtime, I just don't see it for a gig as an expat. As for your "if they choose to live in their home countries" ..... Obviously to you an FO isn't entitled to a life with his family until he gets 4 bars. I guess he could live in beautiful Istanbul and pay through the teeth for schooling if he has kids. Being an expat should have rewards financially. I guess that's me living in a past dreamland I know. Yes, the desert may suck, but at least the family is provided for financially. Here, you are on your own. So that's why they should be able to commute with a healthy balance of free days and money. If THY give more thought to young families living in Turkey, then I'd be on the same page as you.

I don't see my FO's as "Moaners", just idle chat about them relocating to other Airlines. I reckon flying with some of the Turkish Ego's here would be a challenge, especially with the performance displayed by some of them. Maybe we're on different fleets??