PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 19th Oct 2015, 10:02
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really! you must fly with the moaners then.. let's get real, this salary for an FO is above industry standard and living costs are cheaper, the WB FOs are choosing to live in their home countries, that's up to them. Now, before we go down the Fly Dubai comparison, you have to look at the cost of not living in a desert toilet block and the downside of the sand pits.I agree the bonus " distorts " the earnings, on the other hand have you ever not received a bonus? in other words we call call it a quarterly " extra pay" which, in fact, is part of the salary package. The CRM/ Hocam issues I didn't experience as a DEC but I know they exist, having said that, the huge cultural differences have a lot to play in this respect. If you are an ex-mil skipper that is only used to you speaking when he gives permission it is clearly a problem when some young FO rabbits as they would do in their own country. Nothing is perfect and I suspect things will get worse in the future.