PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 18th Oct 2015, 16:39
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 426 Likes on 225 Posts
SASless, I sometimes wonder if you actually read other contributor's posts before launching your ship..

Look again at my post at #719, last paragraph. In your last post you are restating almost exactly what I said, yet arguing against me as if I'd said something completely different and as if I have no regard for my personal safety. We both agree on the cause of this tragic accident; I've stated my view more than once here, i.e. that it had little to do with rules and regulations. The only way this accident could have been prevented was for the aircraft to stay on the ground. I would not personally have attempted this flight in those met. conditions; there have been quite a number of occasions where I have refused to depart in a similar situation.

Btw, I'm not "suffering". I've been doing the job for far too long. If you want to stay alive in UK, and keep your licence intact, you do not try to maintain VFR when you should be IFR, or keeping the aircraft on the ground.