PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 18th Oct 2015, 14:21
SASless

Received 517 Likes on 215 Posts
Shy,

You worried about "Scud Running" which is not "Maintain VMC".

This whole tragedy is not about Rules, Regulations, following Profiles, or requirements of RFM's, the AIP, or Who buys the first Round.

It is about a Crew's Decision to depart in the Dark from an unimproved site, in exceedingly poor weather and impacting the ground killing themselves and others.

Aviation has proved it cannot Legislate Pilot Judgement.

Your comment about my simple post shows that to be true even here at Rotorheads.

The thought of operating IMC at Night in Uncontrolled Airspace without any way to ensure Traffic Separation, talking to no ATC Facility, making a departure from a pasture in the dark with no surface lighting or means to see obstacles due to a dense fog......well I just see the totality of circumstances surrounding all that to be something that just defies much mitigation.

I guess i got to be old and cranky by refusing to take on such endeavors no matter how much the Boss Fellah wanted to get somewhere.

When you wanted to start throwing out comments about Scud Running and the like.....then you should very well know you are going to get a response. If you don't care for the ones you get that is something you will have to grapple with yourself.

We do things a bit differently here in the USA than you do in the UK.

That was settled a long time ago.

Accept that not everyone agrees with you on everything and you will not have to suffer so.