PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United SFO to HK flight turns back due to fuel issues
Old 18th Oct 2015, 10:17
Gordomac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
SOOKY2 sounding very irritable . I know LF and I think he was just being a bit mischievous. Worked eh ? AIRBUBS, I was on the 757, 1987 when we headed out over the N Atlantic. Boeing might have designed the 767 for ETOPS but, crikey, "WE" (sorry Spooks) were doing it with the smaller one. I don't think my company were the "first" either. We shared Airspace with other heroes like Britannia & Monarch. At the risk of setting off Spooky2, I THINK it WAS EROPS !! Doesn't matter, the shared room parties in room 131 at the Holiday Inn, Bangor Maine, after another successful Atlantic crossing were the stuff of Legend. I THINK "we" started with 75 mins. Later went to 90 and then a bit more and a bit more and a bit more. Always safe with healthy fuel loads but attempts at pursuasion, in another company, that 5% of the last hour for contingency on the N Atlantic was "safe" , turned me from THE best looking Dude on the N Atlantic to a little, old, white haired wreck in room 131. Changed the outfit.

RAT5 ; hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I am mine.