PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If your a happy First Officer at Qatar Airways then please do inform me!
Old 17th Oct 2015, 21:26
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A word of caution

Qatar Airways does read this forum

Should you have any negative views regarding the place, the country or the company, be aware they will try and suss out who you are and identify you. They will take a very dim view of such post if you are an employee or someone who has applied.

You may say what about free speech, well that's fine if you don't work for them, but if you do, it's written into your contract about social network postings. So if your thinking of applying here and you have any negative views, I suggest you think very carefully before posting here or on any other social web page.

As for answering the question

There are many FOs who are very happy with Qatar Airways and some of them actually love living in Doha. In the last 3 weeks, I have flown with 3 who have said this to me.

Most of the time, those posting on pprune have an axe to grind and are not mature enough to just shut up and deal with it ie get another job and move on.

Most people here are as happy as can be. It's just they have more important things to do than spend time here on pprune posting about it.

As for would I suggest you come here, depends on your circumstances.

If your a SO cadet coming through an MPL scheme, then I would say grab the opportunity with both hands. You would be stupid to let it pass. You will earn good money once out of training and have a great career future. Stick around and chances are you will be a Capatin 6-7 years after arriving. Also potential for fleet change to bigger aircraft if that's your goal in life.

If your coming from an operator that does not fly what we fly, then maybe it's a good career move in that you will get a rating on an aircraft that is popular around the world.

If you would rather stay in your home country and struggle to get a job or stay on a turbo prop until your made redundant, then good for you.

I suggest you come here for a few years and if your not happy, move on.

Should you get a chance at the MPL, grab it with both hands.

I have been here since 2010 320 fleet. Very happy with my job, not so happy about living here, but it's ok and it's simply where I work. Money is good, flying is good although hard work, staff travel is amazing. All the aircraft are well maintained and the culture here is safety first. They want you to do as your suppose to and nothing more, nothing less. It's very simple. Do your job, smile, go home. Days off are your time and many travel anywhere and everywhere on the days off.

Good luck to all

Regards BP

Last edited by Black Pudding; 17th Oct 2015 at 21:42.