PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2015, 20:42
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mart901
SecondDog

In what way is it not good in the bigger picture for NI v Dub? The fact that the route is coming to Belfast is surely the desired outcome? How exactly would it be better to have it landing and taking off in a less central location?
In what way is BHD more central for N.I. than BFS? It is nonsense to say 14 miles outside the city is any kind of issue for an international airport. The City's location is more hindrance than help for them too in the long run

Regardless of that, when these airlines choose city it usually means smaller aircraft, which target business travel, which drives prices up. I think this only serves to limit N.I. travellers (back to the old chestnut of N.I. having two main airports instead of one) which only lets DUB batter on ahead with the big carriers taking most of the traffic.

Yes, good that BRU is coming in terms of a new route but in (admittedly my view of) the bigger picture, we are only cutting tripe out of our own development potential by having to fight each other for scraps rather than trying to focus on taking a seat at the big table.

still, I realise I am on the wrong thread for that kind of view so not expecting common sense to be a factor. Divided Airports in a community that doesn't like to agree on anything is quite apt, philosophically speaking......