PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 17th Oct 2015, 19:27
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SPIT,

Welcome indeed, the book you refer to resides in my small library along with a few tomes from one Andy Muniandy. Recent additions include Ewan Southby-Tailyours tale of SF exploits in 1982. What many fail to realise is that very often, the first aircraft into the shooting war these days will often be the likes of Albert, C17 or other platform allowing our SF troops to access the battleground. I expect most of the regular posters on this thread already have the books I mentioned ,

On the subject of eating on the ground;

Yesterday I was lucky enough to attend the top table, dining out of WO Jim Hunter (The old Devere Hotel) retiring as SAGE and well attended as can be seen ;

Photograph deleted by request of Clunk60, who believes it may compromise ? Well, everything really !!

There were 222 attendees, most ex Ground Engineers but many aircrew who I had had the pleasure of "down routing" with. I'm sure some of our fellow posters might remember Jim and would wish him well in his retirement. You might also recognise some old mates. Bloody good do, where were you Doug ?? It's reported that at least one Nav turned up.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 18th Oct 2015 at 08:22. Reason: Someone objected to the photograph.