PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - laptop connecting to WIFI but not Internet
Old 17th Oct 2015, 17:29
Biggles78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See if there is a Firmware upgrade for your Wireless Router or the Wireless Access Point (WAP).
Check your device manufacturer to see if there is an updated driver for the Wireless NIC.
Check the wireless setting section in the Router or WAP and make sure it is transmitting at 100% power. Linksys used to set transmit power to 30% of available.
If you lose connection with Internet, immediately check to see if you still have a Default Gateway. Open a CMD prompt and type ipconfig or if adventurous. ipconfig /all .

@ ExSp33db1rd, what is your make and model of HP? I can do some reading and see if I can find out if there is a specific reason for this and a know fix. Ta.

General question, what operating system are your who are having this issue running?
Win 10 :vomit:
Win 8/81 :slightly nauseous:
Win 7 :joyful delight:
Despite the comments it is a serious question.

Oh yes, anyone running an Apple Mac having this problem? Thanks (covering all bases except Linux flavours)

Originally Posted by seanbean
Just in case - I don't think this USB adapter is W10 compatible ( I may be wrong).
There doesn't appear to be a Windows 10 driver for this device yet. However I would imagine it may work if you install it on a Win 7, 8 or 8.1 and then upgrade to Win 10 though I would not advise anyone to do this. I believe the rational behind Microsoft want users to Upgrade to Windows 10 as opposed to a clean Win 10 install was there were insufficient Win 10 drivers for the plethora of hardware devices. By Upgrading there was a greater chance that the drivers would work.

Anyone who remembers the Windows 2000 debacle may remember the issue with lack of Windows 2000 device drivers when installing that new operating system some 16 years ago.