PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 17th Oct 2015, 16:13
Dougie M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smuj I am sure that in all other ways she takes after your missus.
I couldn't let the kebab thread go without recalling a det I was on, dropping para on Ladies Mile. On the final day both Loadmasters partook of a lengthy "sesh" in the Sgts Mess. Come dinnertime they were convivial in the extreme. In Sylvana's we stashed the smaller of the two in the corner. Sadly he spotted a mate from the Wessex Sqn and stated that he wanted to talk to him. "Not a good idea" we said. Whereupon he climbed up on the table and unsteadily walked through the food to the end and jumped off. The Wg Cdr with us remonstrated with him for the mayhem he had caused. The Loadie drew himself up to his full height, ankle deep in feta cheese and salad and said "I have to inform you that rank does not impress me when I'm pi$$ed, Fat-so!" and departed. Much suppressed snorting of hilarity ensued under the baleful stare of said Wg Cdr.
The following morning the sorry remains of the Loadie were heard outside block 101 declaring to the Wg Cdr that he couldn't remember anything since leaving the Mess the previous lunchtime. Don't know what his next ACR read like.

Last edited by Dougie M; 17th Oct 2015 at 18:42.