PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier offers majority stake in C Series to Airbus
Old 16th Oct 2015, 18:42
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
peekay4

A lot of sensible comments in your post caused me to reflect and research a few of my own thoughts and ideas about all of this. Thanks. Being close to an abyss doesn't necessarily mean you'll fall in or be pushed in. There is however, that possibility if BBD refrain from trying to do something about avoiding it and from what I read, hear, and see, they don't appear to be rushing head-on toward that abyss willingly.
Which might be a good thing. Time will tell. I only would wish them best of luck.

Torque link

I appreciate your comments as well.
While I am not a numbers person when it comes to large number$ or aircraft order$, I take market projections from Airbus and Boeing with a pinch of salt. I do with BBD as well, with a minor exception. I don't think A&B pay too much attention to markets they don't have a major interest in. They've already lost in that 110-130 seat segment. This may be why they blow the CSeries off and I'd even speculate the E2 as well. The reality is the 110-130 seat market segment is there AND the CSeries (perhaps only for a few more months) is the only aircraft at present purposely designed for that market and they've achieved many impressive targets along the way. Overlaps with A&B are there but they are overlaps. Once some carriers get their heads around that and understand how the CSeries won't have to deal with any scope clauses (because it isn't a regional, seating restricted, weight restricted jet) and realize how they take back flying turned over to regional carriers, will they likely start buying CSeries. That's simply the way I see it and I'm not looking for any agreement or disagreement.
-------------

Embraer (apparently) are denying they're in any talks with BBD. So, between the two stories I've heard this week, I have no idea what's really going on
When a company has a successful aircraft like the CRJ series, it's difficult not to recognize a successful competitor like Embraer who also have a successful stable of their own. As for which is the better aircraft that's simply a subjective opinion. As for the CSeries, my subjective opinion is that it's superior to any E jet which, by the way, may be targeted for the same seating capacity, but has no way near the cockpit or cabin compared to the CSeries and that will likely be a big deal to the people who buy aeroplanes. We'll see.

Willie