PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 16th Oct 2015, 14:16
Magh3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longhaul

Just to share some info for Crew considiring a career in thy on the longhaul fleet and want to commute, you should consider the following. Turkey is going to apply the EASA ftl in 2016, or 2017 I have no exact date for the implementation sorry.

What this means is that the turkish DGCA ftl wich gave you Extended Range (ER) off days after you're flight are not going to be planned anymore because EASA allows the planned off days to be used in Lieu off restdays, this was not the case with the DGCA ftl.

So in summary, you have to be in istanbul 12 hours before duty start( new company rule ) which in practice would mean a day before your flight and then on top you lose your ER rest day's...so if you do to the math you are going to lose some significant off days in case you are commuting

If the TIS( union) negotiations in December will be in our advantage which i doubt, these ER OFF days could be negotiated back into the contract at least this is what I hope, for the long haul guys and girls.

Any people with more knowledge on the subject, who care to share ?
Happy landings

Last edited by Magh3; 16th Oct 2015 at 14:21. Reason: My spelling sucks