PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bu**ar off...and leave your watch!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2015, 10:18
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wensleydale, don't know if you were at Waddo when we had someone holding prior to a courts martial. Details limited to protect the guilt.

At an all ranks party at one of the less couth establishments where such things were common, there was an altercation where an officer was sufficiently incautious to allow himself to be decked.

In accordance with MAFL this is an absolute case and the guilty party was fined the best part of a month's pay. The GP was mightily relieved to receive only a fine and retain his rank.

The officer, the innocent party (), was advised that alternative employment would be good for his future careers.

And on WD's recollection, that was extant in the 60s as well. As Orderly Officer you would be advised to attend any fracas in the Airmens' Club and stand bravely behind the Orderly Sergeant and any RAFP available. As shown above, allowing oneself to be hit was almost as bad as an OR striking an officer.