PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taceval, Maxival and Minival
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2015, 15:45
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do remember,a late 70s, Kinloss ,No Notice ,Exercise, Maxival I think, which was primed to start at 1900. The response from the troops was minimal. Those who had the knowledge passed it around. Result:-Empty singlie blocks and messes. Swathes of personnel "elsewhere" at Startex and last exercise not in the early hours.
You are spot on my friend

As if to prove my earlier point, some **** head decided as war would not always be declared at oh gor blimey its early, they would go for a mid week mid evening call to arms. Which on the one hand is entirely logical, but equally completely oblivious to the true state of mind of the rank and file. As noted above...no ****er showed up.

Yours truly was quaffing with about 8 others in civvies in the Pilmuir Arms/Inn?? (once also a half decent chinese - long since demolished) and we were still quaffing at closing time - despite some unknown erk poking their head round the door and yelling "any RAF in here"

"No mate, they don't come here - try the Red Beastie".

As I recall a major sense of humor failure by the brass hats resulted, but no fallout landed on me. Oh happy days, where art thou?