PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2015, 14:36
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Routes S2016.

Having been away for nearly 2 weeks, I'd be grateful if someone could just confirm where we stand on new short haul routes confirmed & bookable, and those announced or expected but not yet bookable. From what I've seen:

Ryanair: Bratislava; Brindisi; Malta.

Easyjet: Nantes.

Vueling: Alicante; Rome. Any news on Seville?

I've seen mention of 2 extra based a/c for Jet 2 but have any new routes been announced?

On long haul, good news about ShaheenAir. There was also mention a while back of a possible UA service to ORD. It did cross my mind, (purely idle speculation), whether at the time the NCL route may have been under serious review. If the route were dropped it would have provided a spare B757, but now UA has decided to return to NCL next summer that a/c availability may not be there.

Incidentally, our UA flights to and from EWR arrived 20 minutes early and on the return we went straight onto stand despite landing 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Processing at MAN was fine with check-in and security going out and at Border Control on the return. A very slight niggle with collection of bags with the first 20 or so cases arriving very quickly, including one of ours, and then having to wait 20-25 minutes for the main batch. (I assume first bags is one of the targets for handlers?). I appreciate it's not now peak season and Border Control might have been different if we'd arrived at T2 just after VS, SQ and QR, but nothing to complain about on our part.