PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK JAA CPL TO UK CAA EASA CPL
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2015, 07:59
Zest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA CPL issued by UK to EASA CPL

Dear all,

I have a question about JAA CPL conversion to EASA? and I did not find any information in Pprune.
I was aware, 3 years ago about JAA licences conversion to EASA new licences and that JAA licences would no longer be valid once the EASA transition periods would be over.
At this moment, the information I had was that JAA licences issued by the UK CAA would be converted to Part FCL licences, and that conversions would take place when a licensing action required CAA to issue new licence documentation or by the renewal date of the JAA licence, whichever is sooner.
My CPL licence is to be re-issued not later than 09/07/2016, so I thought at this time that it could be valid until that date, or if I renewed a rating before.
I did not renew any rating since then.

I can read today on CAA website, in the key dates of the quick guide, that from 8 april 2015, an EASA Part-FCL licence will be mandatory to fly any EASA aircraft for any purpose.
Does this mean that my JAA licence is not valid anymore ? I currently hold a JAR CPL. I have not been flying this year, but I will fly again in the next months, and I want to make sure my licence is valid.

Thanks to all for your feedback.