PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier offers majority stake in C Series to Airbus
Old 13th Oct 2015, 16:33
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is apparent to everyone that BBD are experiencing serious financial strain. It could well mean the end of the CSeries program and/or the company. At this point in time, I wouldn't know.
I do however, chose to consider the positives about this company along with the ever increasing number of negatives. Despite the financial demands on a company like BBD I still hold the opinion the aircraft will be a success.
When the Grown-up Airlines finally clue in to the potential this aircraft has of all but eliminating the regional airlines (reduced CRJ production and sales), how ideally suited it is for EU ops, what it can do to relieve Hub ATC pressures by developing secondary Hubs, how ideally suited it is for VIP and Corporate ops, sales figures should improve.
They still have options financially. I'm sure they are likely to approach a variety of potential investors, you'd expect that from any financially imperilled company. Despite all the speculation about success or failure, BBD responded with this:
"The company is 100% committed to the C Series aircraft, and we have the resources and liquidity to see the program through."

...I, for one, hope so.
Willie