PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bu**ar off...and leave your watch!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2015, 14:37
Lonewolf_50

Received 405 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by ShotOne
Is it really so unreasonable to restrict access to military installations to EX-servicemen? Timothy McVeigh and Lee Harvey Oswald were both ex-servicemen.
If I may explain to you.

Only those who have retired (min requirement 20 years of service) get that access to the base as a retirement benefit. Simply having served does NOT permit that. So, your two examples were NOT correct.

@Thomas Coupling
I concur - get on with your life 4 types - mind you after 35 yrs you have
probably been institutionalised and can't cope without the military umbilical cord.
TC, that badly veiled insult wasn't well played.

As to what the has beens get up to ...

I've been out now just over 10 years, on my third job since, and have been challenged in new directions. Now that both kids are in their early 20's, the missus and I have very much rekindled the romantic evenings together that we used to enjoy when I wore a flight suit. One night she asked if it still fit ... nostalgia .. and oops, I need to drop a few pounds ... so maybe I should for her sake.

I still occasionally sign with my name & CDR, USN(Ret) on some documents, in particular anything I send in a letter to a congressman or senator. Mostly I just go by my name. It's what my parents gave to me, and has worked so far.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 13th Oct 2015 at 14:51.