PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2015, 12:22
THR RED ACC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by framer
1/ The 1 pilot + 1 cabin crew hijacker scenario ( unless you want to start vetting cabin crew in the same manner as we do pilots......cabin crew don't even do one on one interviews in some airlines, they do mass interviews......hardly the same standard)
We may as well stop all modes of transport because this scenario could occur anywhere, be it trains, subway, ISS... plus the chance of two airline employees organizing a hijacking together is a very remote possibility. Yes the possibility still exists but for that argument, we may as well ban knives, forks and any sharp objects to protect our children.

Originally Posted by framer
2/ Distraction. How many pilots have been distracted by conversation with the cabin crew and missed position reports or a looming CB while they are organising their post flight drinks session? I'd suggest quite a few, I know that both myself and my Captain missed top of descent once when we had a particularly attractive young lady up front with us. When I go to the loo and I have a good looking twenty something male First Officer who is green on type, I know I return as quickly as possible if the cabin crew member who goes in is a young and attractive female. Distraction.
I am sorry but if something like that distracts you, then you have demonstrated a lack of airmanship and have jeopordized the safety of every soul on board. God forbid anyone who is that easily disoriented and distracted takes off from a coastal airport towards the sea/ocean in the middle of the night without any visual cues!