PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worst Place To Be A Pilot
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2015, 09:33
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts
skywagondriver; I concede your observation that the Pilots there are doing a good job. That much is agreed without argument.

However; Having viewed the whole series when it was previously aired I still maintain that some of the scenes depicted were hyped up just to make things more dramatic.

it's definitely not even PNG in the early '70s...sure, the equipment is better .
It's not even PNG in the early 90's! The equipment depicted in this show is not only better; I'd call it far superior to some of the BN2's I flew around the place back in early 92.
Plus none of the strips shown were even a patch on places such as Kanabea, Kamulai, Oram or Iaura. Bodinumu or Dorobisoro as well, for that matter.

but that's where the comparison ends
Maybe I've had one too many Reds over the years but can you elaborate? A genuine question btw.

And no-one I worked with ever came home after a days flying to a fully serviced Flat/Apartment with its own live-in Cook. As is depicted in later episodes of this show.

Please do not get me wrong skywagondriver; My views expressed in this and my other post should not be viewed as being critical of you or the Pilots depicted in this 'documentary.' However, I feel that the show itself had more than a few scenes/scenarios where journalistic licence was used to hype things up, purely for dramatical purposes!