PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bu**ar off...and leave your watch!
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2015, 20:50
sadhatmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas coupling
I concur - get on with your life 4 types - mind you after 35 yrs you have probably been institutionalised and can't cope without the military umbilical cord.

That reminds me does the RAF still lend itself to officers using their rank after they leave the mil?

Saw a reverend the other day who still calls himself Squadron Leader -
We live in a country where you can change your name to whatever you want (by and large). Some bloke changed his name to Lord whatever. So if some dude who has served and actually earned his title what harm is there in still using it, more so as civil custom and etiquette permits. I think it says more about those who are upset by it rather than those that use their old title. Be a hell of a dull world if we were all the same, no?

I do agree with Thomas though on getting on with your life on leaving the Service. If you do have occasion to return for whatever reason social or otherwise then put up with what is asked of you. One of the things that would irk me when I was in was the "ex so and so" who pitched up and tutted at anything he found different to his time in.