PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Validation based on an FAA ticket?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2015, 19:52
Triple Nickel 8 Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all.....

Slightly different tack on this thread....(sorry for the delay....been working in yet another glorious, Internet free sh**hole...)

What will EASA do when a guy is ramp checked in say, Paris, is found to be flying a VP reg aircraft, that lives in London, operated by a company in Amsterdam and he holds a Third Country/FAA licence, who lives in Madeid, but who holds a validation for that reg, flying for a company officially based in Bermuda, but whose principal base of business is Russia??????

Let's say that, in the above scenario, the pilot only holds that FAA ticket, resides in the EU and the aircraft, as you can see, is operated by a company in the EU, regardless of the registration and he (or she!) is caught red handed. What will they do??? What can they do??? Is it a slap on the wrist "Oooh...naught naughty!!"?? Is it a fine....or is it prison....it is it Court and prosecution?? What is the fine?? What are you prosecuted for?? Who takes who to court?? If the pilot is a freelancer, is he taken to court?? I mean, I for one, have seen ZERO about WHAT they can do???

EASA can't say "Oi....Noooo.....your licence isn't valid!!!" , because the person is current, on type, named on the insurance, is validated by the registry and the Feds know he is current and has a current medical?? So that can't be it?? Does the guy on the ramp do him for.....what exactly???

I think ONE case would go to court and it would all be revealed as being illegal to stop a person from working and totally unenforceable wouldn't it??

Yes....jump through the hoops, but do it the same way as EASA to FAA was done??? And let's face it, how many Brit BCPL holders got higher licences and wouldn't even have found the centre where you sit the exams??? Just sayin'....