PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bu**ar off...and leave your watch!
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2015, 12:57
exuw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When already in a hole, stop digging.......

Four Types:

Given that at least three of the paragraphs in your "Right to reply" appear to address my post #13, I'll bite again.

I didn't actually use the phrase 'do you know who I am?'

I nveer said that you did but the whole tone of your original post screams that this is/was your mindset - particularly given your use of the word "jobsworth".

As to 'do I understand security?' I was a USyO

As a mere civvie I am unfamiliar with this nomenclature. I tried Goggling this acronym but gave up after scrolling through ten pages of otherwise unrelated references. No doubt your role was vital to the defence of the nation and afforded you special insight into security matters but, if so, I remain to be persuaded by what you have said so far.

No, I have not written to the Station Commander to demand a 14 page explanation for such behaviour.

I did not say you needed to write to demand a 14 page explanation. Any staish worth his or her salt would surely be able respond in a concise fashion to any polite enquiry from former serving personnel as to why security on-site is configured the way it is given specific geographical location, frequency of visitors, proportion of civilian against serving personnel, sensitivity of ops on base etc.

Your "gripe" may well be aimed at the "Military in general" but I suspect you are more likely to get a meaningful response from the local commander than if you try approaching the CAS (or even the CDS).

I hope your host who had to leave his beer for a few minutes understands better than you appear to do. If not then he and you should arrange to banter off-base.