PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 2nd Jul 2003, 02:03
MamboBaas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crab,
Yes I did stop to think why all those people were breaking the law. On the motorway, probably little harm is done, but in cities and towns it is your government's view that statistically you are far more likely to be killed if you are hit by a car doing 40 mph than one doing 30 mph. I have a friend in my country whose son was killed in town by a speeding driver. My point of view is that whether you feel the authorities condone breaking the law or not, if you personally condone it, or have broken the law by illegally speeding yourself (which I believe can be statistically proven to kill a much greater number of people every year than helicopters flying under bridges) then what right have you to sit in 'holier than thou' judgement on one of your fellows who has merely broken another law? Hypocritical or what
It seems that the UK is very much a country where people only respect and obey those laws they feel should apply to them. I guess it's better than where I am, where might is right - who knows