PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bu**ar off...and leave your watch!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2015, 19:34
exuw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Types

They say you should never engage in ad hominem argument on the internet but I feel moved to do just that in your case.

You don't say what it was that you did when you were "in". My guess is that it had nothing to do with the intelligence or security function. Nor do you adduce any evidence to show that you have any particular insight in to the way that global security risk has changed in the two and half years since you were part of Her Maj's finest fighting arm. The world is a different place now to an extent that is hard to persuade people of.

I suspect too that you have not yet conveyed the beef evident in your post through the appropriate channels to your former staish (or his or her successor(s)) in order to establish just why you had the experience you claim to have had.

Perhaps you did. In which case could we see the (suitably redacted) correspondence in order better to understand the reasons behind your disappointing visit.

Simply relying on the "Don't you know who I am?" approach without insight into the current motivation and methods of those whose job it is to seek to ensure the security and safety of all still serving, as against those who were once "in", runs the risk of beaching on the shores of Cilla (see Cabin Crew forum passim).

The assessment and management of risk is an inexact science, as well I know from 30 years in the reinsurance industry. It doesn't help, of course, that all of us, whether military or civvie, now operate under severe costs constraints. These narrow the options on the spectrum of Rolls-Royce security with absolutely no inconvenience to those sensitive to impairment of their enjoyment of life to indifference to the fact that the guy on the gate wears ISIL black and totes an AK47. We have to make do with something in the middle somewhere. Just where is, of course, a matter of debate but at least contribute something constructive to that debate.

Those whose job it is to keep us from harm deserve better than anonymous bitching on the internet. If you have any sensible ideas about how to achieve a proper balance between your social convenience and the risk of serious harm to others involved in the UK's military then by all means offer them to those who are responsible for risk assessment and management.

Otherwise STFU.

Last edited by exuw; 11th Oct 2015 at 20:27.